Sunday, November 1, 2015

Grand Canyon Sweet

To make a small pun on Ferde GrofĂ© 's Grand Canyon Suite, I thought this view from the south rim of the Grand Canyon made a sweet image. It was taken on a heavily overcast day, lousy weather, really, and I thought the photos I made that day would be as lousy as the weather.  But despite the cold, windy and rain-threatening weather (it actually hailed later on!), with some judicious post-processing some real drama emerged from the scene.

I used Nik software to edit the photo, along with basic adjustment's in Adobe Lightroom.  I hope you like the result as much as I do.  Like many of my photos, this print is available for purchase on my web site.  It would make a nice gift for anyone who likes beautiful landscapes.





No comments:

Post a Comment